Warzone 2 is here and we provide you with the most important information about the preload, download and the start times of the game! Here you can quickly find the most important information:
- preload appointment
- Server start time
- Find download on any platform
- Download size and system requirements
If you are wondering what awaits you in Warzone 2, what the new map has to offer and what changes are pending compared to its predecessor, we can of course also help you. Just take a look at our big overview:
Preload: When can I download Warzone 2?
The Warzone 2 preload starts two days before the release of the Free2Play Battle Royale. So you can start the download on the following date in order to be at the forefront in time for the launch (if the servers cooperate):
- The preload is from November 14, 2022 at 7 p.m. German time available.
Release: When will the servers go live?
- Date: Call of Duty: Warzone 2 releases on November 16, 2022 as a Free2Play game.
- Start time: From 7 p.m. German time you can play Warzone 2.
By the way: The release of Warzone 2 goes hand in hand with the start of Season 1 and the release of the highly anticipated DMZ mode for Modern Warfare 2.
Download: Where to find Warzone 2
Depending on the platform you play on, Warzone 2 is not that easy to find. We therefore explain how you can access the download. Please note: You do not need the paid main game MW2 for Warzone 2 and DMZ. Download is free everywhere.
- PS5/PS4: To download Warzone 2 on the PlayStation, look for the product Modern Warfare 2 in the store and go to the context menu with the three dots. There you will see Warzone 2 and can load the game. If you own MW2 and have it installed, you only need to install the package called Warzone 2.
- PC via Steam and Battle.net: On Steam, you can simply go to the Warzone 2 product page and start downloading. If you have installed MW2, Warzone 2 is already available automatically, you only need the Season 1 update, which will be available from Wednesday. At Battle.net, simply search for Warzone 2 in the store and click the Preload Now button.
- Xbox One/Series X & S: Search for Warzone 2 in the Xbox Store and press the green “Get” button to add the game to your library. If you have already installed MW2, make sure that Warzone 2 is installed as an addon (check whether the corresponding package is ticked in the download management).
Download size and system requirements
- On PlayStation 4 and 5: On Sony consoles you have to reckon with a download of around 46 GB, if you had already installed MW2 previously, only 2.55 GB will be added instead. The installation size on the hard disk may vary.
- On PC: On Steam and Battle.net, Warzone 2 download size is between 20-25 GB. If you already have MW2 on your hard drive, Warzone 2 is already there and all you have to do is download the Season 1 update, which will be released on November 16th.
- Xbox: On Xbox Series X and S as well as Xbox One, the Warzone 2 download is about 50 to 57 GB in size. If you have installed MW2 in advance, there is only a smaller download of around 3 GB. The installation size on the hard disk may vary.
The final installation size on a device is between 100 and 150 GB, so keep enough free space if you want to play Warzone 2! The following requirements apply to the PC:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel Core i3-6100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
8GB RAM memory
Geforce GTX 960 or Radeon RX 470 (DX12)
125GB hard drive
Windows 11 64 bit
Intel Core i5-6600K or AMD Ryzen 5 1400
12GB RAM memory
Geforce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 580 (DX12)
125GB hard drive
The most important information about Warzone 2
Call of Duty: Warzone 2 will be a full-fledged sequel and not just an update of the previous battle royale. This allows players to plunge into a completely new map, which is located in a fictional West Asian desert. There players can partially find maps of the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer.
You can find out exactly what awaits you on the new Warzone 2 map Al Mazrah in our large overview:
What are your hopes and expectations for Call of Duty: Warzone 2? Do you jump into the fray right from the start or do you prefer to wait and see? Let us know in the comments!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings